Sunday, March 18, 2007

More devastation...Zamboanga, Phillipines, WWII



Above, another photo by my Dad, in Zamboanga, Phillipines, during WWII.

ALWAYS remember to click on the photos...they are mostly quite large, and the detail is much, much more impressive.



Lt. Commander JG, my Dad , reviewing the crew on the LST 1101, Korean War. He was on three different LSTs in his career.



My Dad, last weekend at his home, March, 2007.



LST 712, one of my Dad's ships in the Pacific, WWII. Photo by my Dad.



LST landing operation. This photo was found somewhere on the web.


My Dad, US Navy officer at left. They are all standing in front of the Imperial Palace of the Emperor of Japan, probably 1946-ish during the Occupation Forces in Japan. My Dad was about five foot and eight or nine inches tall. He seems like seven feet!
Remember...click on the photo...the details are amazing. Look at the shoes they wear. All are armed, as these are Japanese police among US military. My Dad carries the standard .45 auto sidearm.
--Dan

1 comment:

grace said...

You are right, your Dad looks very tall in that picture next to those japanese police. The first photo really shows the devastation of war. It seems every picture has a story to tell.

xx