Saturday, March 24, 2007

A favorite place




There is a nice little ice cream and candy store located in the nearby mountains about 40 minutes from my house. We just love to go there, especially in the summer months. There is also a gift store nearby. They sell fudge, coffee, ice cream, all kinds of candies, etc. Often when we visit there, there is snow, but in the summer...though warm, it is a bit of relief from 100 degree F. temperatures.

Location: Wrightwood, California
What a great place we live in, here. The weekend comes, and if we are so able, the question is...where do we go? There are many mountains. There are deserts. There is the sea. There is glamour in the city. There is peace in the valley parks and streams. There is wine tasting. There are farms. There are many museums. There is so much art and music. There are many religious events. There is a ton of stores. There is a ton of movie theaters. Great food places abound. There is so much more.
I shared just one favorite here today.
--Dan

3 comments:

Metalchick said...

Hi Dan,
I love Wrightwood! I've been to that candy store! Wrightwood is such a nice mountain town! My aunt used to work at a real estate place, which no longer is there now, but then she and her friend started a business where they sold flavored popcorns and hot sauces. That place is now a tobacco shop, her friend still works there, but she doesn't anymore.
What do you think of The Yodeler? I love that restaurant! They have really good pizza there!

I hope Wrightwood stays a quiet mountain town, I would hate it if they build a McDonald's out there!

Dan L. said...

Metal:

I have not gone to Yodeler's. Yes, that candy store is fun. When we go there, we always get ice cream. I like it up there a whole lot. Great fun, Wrigtwood. We even have home movies of our family in the 1960's hanging out (in the snow) at what used to be called Holiday Hill...now Mt. High.

--Dan L.

E.L. Wisty said...

I would like to visit California one day. I will remember this if the chance comes.