Saturday, November 10, 2007

Been scannin'



Sierra Nevada, May, 1978-ish. That is my tent. The level area down behind and below is a frozen lake. I was with a group that was attempting a climb up the wall of Mt. Darwin, a nearly 14,000ft. peak.

I was scanning photos again. I know the scanner is messed up, but whatever.

Let the hodgepodge continue...


Me, summit Mt. Baden Powell, 9,800 ft. or so, San gabriels Mountains, Calif., circa maybe 1978-ish.


My wife, Cruz, and friends. Probably taken around 1965 or so.
Cruz, some time ago as a teen. She always loves animals.
--Dan

2 comments:

MargieCM said...

What a lovely collection of photos Dan. The first looks VERY cold - I've never camped in snow. You're a brave lad!

The second - well spare my blushes - you look seriously fit! That's what all that mountain climbing'll do I guess.

The next one is simply adorable. I loved those huge life-like dolls, but never had one. What a sweetie Cruz is.

The last looks like more snow, but Cruz is in a T-shirt, so I'm guessing it's sand or something instead. Animal lovers are generally nice people, so no surprises there.

Think I'm going to have to get my scanner on board too and send you some back again!

grace said...

Hi Dan,

great photos, don't think I would camp in the snow, you are a true camper/hiker. I love the one with Cruz and the animals. She would love my June & Summer

hope you week is going well,

xx