Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cannons and Canon, with trout thrown in




While we were visiting the San Gabriel Mission a few weeks ago, I commented to a fellow working there...


Do you know what that cannon is used for?" He said, "Oh, just for looks, celebrations and things, I suspect"...


I siad, "Well, I happen to know it is used to enforce Canon Law".


Well, that is a Catholic type joke, but I thought it was funny.


Here is the cannon picture I took.


Lastly, here is a photo I took while on a honeymoon roadtrip. Markleeville, California, Sierra Nevada range. They made the most out of their business venture, didn't they?



--Dan

3 comments:

grace said...

good thing they put the fish underneath the sign!! Could have been a scary saloon!!

Hope all is well Dan. xo

MargieCM said...

So did he laugh? Or hit you?

Ha - that sign is scary. Shades of Sweeney Todd and Mrs Lovetts' pies ... eurghhhh.

Dale said...

We have lots of cut throat swimming in our rivers around here!


I like the canon law joke, too.