Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter, and here are some recents happenings

We Celebrate the Risen Christ!


On Saturday, four of my family visited Mission San Gabriel Arcángel, the 4th of 21 Missions established in the earlier days of California. It was a beautiful day! As is customary, the tabernacle in the Mission Chapel was empty on Holy Saturday.
Daughter Marion, and Cruz, my wife.
The Mission Chapel Sanctuary.
In the Mission Cemetery, here is the final resting place of a faithful servant of God and family friend for many years, Fr. Aloysius Ellacuria, CMF. We sure do miss him. There were also others in this place...that I saw...and I once knew. I have little doubt that they have all gone home to God.


Dan and Cruz, at the front door.

"Click" on the photos for a better view.

Happy Easter!

--Dan

7 comments:

Vallypee said...

Hi Dan
I hope you're having a very happy Easter day today, and you and your family are enjoying the togetherness of this special feast day.

On a lighter note, you might enjoy my easter bunny jokes. They are the second post down on my page as I've done a new one today, but the funnies are real Dan type one liners!

Here's to you all. VallyP xx

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Dan,
Just wishing you and your family a belated Happy Easter.

xx
AM

Vallypee said...

Dan, you're a genius! I LOVED your bunny joke...the best of the lot....lol...rabbit ;-D

Thanks for that, and it just proves it. You could have written them all...!

Koos F said...

Dan,

My father-in-law's name was Aloysius, and, being Dutch, he was called Loek (pron Luke): we try to keep it simple around here.

Much too late to say Happy Easter, so let's just say we're happy to know you, Dan!

MargieCM said...

Dan, amongst all the chocolate and holidays, it seems you and your family still know what Easter is about. I'm a long-lapsed Anglican myself, but I still remember the services and the celebrations. Love to you and yours.

grace said...

Happy late Easter Dan. I hope your weekend was a good one. It was Easter Summer Sunday for me, my Summer, my dog, has been with me 2 years I picked her up Easter Sunday 2006 at the Airport cargo from Ohio.

hope you are all well xox

Dale said...

It's nice that someone can look between the bunny ears and see the light...

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebration.