Sunday, May 20, 2007

More Big Bear


Dan



Toyota Camry Hybrid



Rachel

The lake near the dam, or the dammed lake, whichever you wanna use. Watch my language, Dan! The "line" is a log boom typical of lakes that seek to protect the dam "zone" from surface stuff.

"Running" around the lake at Big Bear, California today, Sunday, the 20th of May. Some pictures were taken by the small inlet known as Boulder Bay, while there is also a photo taken from near the dam.
Notice I decided to drive the hybrid up there yet another time. That car was registering well over 50 miles per gallon on the way back, since it was mostly running on the battery from rolling down 6,000 ft. of mountain!

Click on the images, they fill out nicely.

--Dan L.

7 comments:

grace said...

Hi Dan, what a beautiful day at Big Bear. Like the pic of you and your Dad in your last post.

Great pics from today. The girls had Rattlesnake avoidance training today, did good, I hope they have learned to stay away from them.!

Vallypee said...

What heart stoppingly beautiful place Dan! Stunning! Sometimes, I yearn for some hill and dramatic coastline...sigh..

Gary said...

It's lovely there ain't it.

Like the new blog foto.

Koos F said...

Hi Dan
Thanks to your explanation I understood what I saw here http://tinyurl.com/3atlt6
Big Bear Lake California... Google does the rest
Amazing

grace said...

Hi Dan, come check out my Lifehouse poster on my blog.

E.L. Wisty said...

Hi there Dan,

You sure got magnificent sceneries there.

Hans said...

Hi Dan,
Nice pictures! Nice place!