Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fires...again







I know we were totally messed up a couple of years ago with the biggest fires I have ever seen in all of my almost 50 years on earth...but...

They just keep coming.

The fires burning now are no threat to us, here (as were the ones previously mentioned), but the smoke is seen (and often smelled) every day.

It will be well over 100 degrees F. for at least the next week...or month, as I can tell. So GLAD we got an A/C unit in our living room wall. A cool living room!

I love that desert area, where this stuff is happening. I pray for those that suffer so much.

We are so far very blessed to not yet have a threatening fire, here...but it isn't over yet. Fire season goes on well into October.

All pictures are not from me. They were from "Googling", and I have no references...I did not see any, from where they came.

Life in S. Calif. is very, very interesting. There can be beaches, there can be snow. There can be earthquakes, there can be fires. There can be floods, there can be 100 mph winds. There can be beautiful pine trees, there can be 200 mile visibility from almost 12,000ft. high. There is Hollywood, there is the Wild West. There are the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, Padres, Kings, Ducks, Quakes, 66ers, etc. etc. There are Space Shuttle landings, there are Rocket launches to space...there is so much more...

I love it here.

--Dan

4 comments:

grace said...

Hi Dan, your right, there are so many different things to do and places to go in California. I wish it would cool down some, it is too hot. Trying to keep the dogs cool. The house is cool, but we don't have any AC to make it cooler.

Jonathan said...

My God that looks terrifying.

ginab said...

Oh I have been wondering about who lives where. Except the San Bernardino Valley houses or housed wealthy people, no? I mean rich-rich. You know what I mean. So, I thought you were safe!

I wish my front room were cool. And Spain is running 100 degrees. I think I've lost 5lbs. not good!

-g+bb

Koos F said...

Hi Da,
It's all so extreme. I feel very sorry for those in the 'fire line', and very happy for you that you are not.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about the mobile toilet or was it a shower, Dan, I think that's a first, and I appreciate that very much.