Saturday, December 08, 2007

Preparing for Christmas, and the Pumpkin Past



Here, in our home, we are preparing for the celebration of Christmas. Click on it for a larger image.


The Annunciation, ca.1644
oil on panel28 x 28.75 inches (71 x 73 cm.)
Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
photograph courtesy
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania

Though as Catholics, we here celebrate the Immaculate Conception on this day (Dec. 8th), I post an image of the famous biblical event known as The Annunciation, because it is on my mind.

In another light...
Our little Rachel (not so little anymore), on a Halloween seasonal romp among the pumkins, many years ago. She is running with the eternal joy and innocence of youth.
--Dan

4 comments:

Metalchick said...

Hi Dan,
That's a very lovely painting! I love Christmas! It's a great time to spend with your family!

Great picture too!

grace said...

Hi Dan,

Happy Holidays to you and your family. I like that picture of your Rachel.
Hope you are well.

Dale said...

Wow, if only I had a pregnancy of 17 days...

Dale said...

I love the photo of the rows and rows and rows and rows...of pumpkins.

Rachel, what a cute little pumpkin she was!