Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas present, music, and Christmas past


MERRY CHRISTMAS!



An usual painting of the Nativity, since Christ is not centered. It is a different perspective, though He is central to the whole story, nontheless.












It is Saturday. I was in a fabulous little music store this evening. I came home with a ukelele for my wife! As these pictures were snapped off with my cell phone camera, my dinner was on the table at a restaurant a couple of blocks away, wife and daughter waiting for me and another daughter. I made it back OK. Christmas is fun!


The site of my Dad's birth in New Orleans (French Quarter), this photo was taken by me right after Christmas in 1984. The property is longer in the family, as his parents (my Grandparents) are long passed on, and it was their home. I enjoyed visiting there on several occasions, and miss the old days...though I would never wish to live in that part of the country.

--Dan

10 comments:

bookworm said...

Hi Dan,

I wish you a merry and peaceful christmas and all the best for the comming new year.

Hope you and your family feel good.

Here in Germany it's very cold, but we have no snow.

Have a good Christmas time.

Love
Stefan

Hans said...

Merry Christmas Dan!

E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Dan,

Merry Christmas to you and your close ones, and happy new year!

Maria

grace said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I wish you a happy, peaceful New Year.

Anonymous said...

And a Merry & Happy to you and all you are close to!

Sully

atomicelroy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
atomicelroy said...

HAPPY XMAS!
Top of the season to ya, DanL and Family.

Suesjoy said...

Merry Christmas Dan!!
Happy New Year too.

Beautiful nativity picture.

Love the pic of your daughter and grandson. My hair looks like his right now...

:)

Love to you and yours,
Suexx

Cathy with a C said...

Merry Christmas, Dan, to you and your loved ones. Wishing you all the best in the upcoming new year.

Cathy

Metalchick said...

Merry Belated Christmas Dan!