Saturday, June 02, 2007

Planes and things


This is me, sitting in an F-4 Phantom II jet fighter at a museum several years ago.

The "mountain" photo is an internet picture I found at Wikipedia that is of Mt. San Antonio. I used to get "buzzed" by F-4 fighters while hiking to the top of that peak (10,064 ft.). They would really "sneak up" on ya, and WOW!

I just love airplanes.

See that mountain? I have been up there a great many times. Do you see my footprints?

Last of all, with yet more airplane stuff...a quote from CNN.com:

"In 1997, a BA Concorde flight to New York suffered an "engine surge" which caused a bang and lights to go out. The aircraft also dropped suddenly. Pete Townsend, guitarist with The Who pop group, was a passenger and said afterwards he would never fly on Concorde again. He said: "I was just glad to land in one piece."



The Concorde and some guy from a blog...which is which?


--Dan

6 comments:

Dale said...

Fighter jets and mountain vistas!

We got buzzed here in our last week when an F18 did a fly-by over the lake.

Here one second...gone the next!

I like the bit about Pete and the Concorde...

grace said...

I think if you squint real hard you can see your footprints!!

MargieCM said...

Hi Dan - I wonder if that was the same concorde flight where PT said there was the sound of a woman screaming from down the front? When he got off, he said to Elton John, who had been a fellow passenger, that it must have been particularly awful for him, sitting so close to the hysterical woman. "Woman? Darling, that was ME!".

Dan L. said...

Thanks, all you folks, for liking this post. I liked doing it.

My footprints are still there? Cool!

--Dan L.

PDBT said...

Pete resembles the concorde a bit... more facial hair though

& less pointy & more aerodynamic when he does the birdman

ROCK ON

-Lin B.

Dale said...

lol the nose...

i get it