Friday, February 02, 2007

Just another day...




Let's see now...Ah, a photo from last summer when one of my daughters was at the Art School for music. That is me, and Marion.

Also, I thought I'd throw a post up with a picture of a guitar I've had for a few months now. It has P-90 pick-ups, and they are quite fun. It really is quite a nice guitar, and not too expensive either. It is a PRS Soapbar II, Tabacco, maple top.

Sometime soon I plan on putting up a post with regard to some past exploits on Mt. Whitney, in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California. You may like some of that, or maybe not...but I think so.

Oh, 1957...more...

On old Route 66, this restaurant has been around as long as I can remember, and it's still there! Since 1957, in what is now known as Rancho Cucamonga, see the MAGIC LAMP, below...



And, in 1957, there was born a Bob's Big Boy in Garden Grove, CA... courtesy of: members.aol.com/Pugwm/franchises.html



This Heston guy was gettin' busy too... The Trial of Captain Wirtz...



Heston, circa 1957.


Some (not all) pictures, if you "click" on 'em, they get bigger, you know.


--Dan

5 comments:

Nabonidus said...

I did reply at my blog,too....
Niiiice guitar, Dan! And nice pic of Heston, I must admit. :)
Your eye was good - it is a new guitar for me, not too expensive, either.
It was a compromise. But I desperately needed a new one. Had a loose wire in the volume knob of that old one I was playing. Among other things wrong with it.:)
Anyway, that one of yours looks purty, I love the natural wood showing in guitars. That's why I picked that cherrywood myself. :)
Have a good weekend, Dan Clan!
Or I should say "Dan And clan."
But I christen your family "the Dan Clan." :)

Metalchick said...

Hi Dan,
That is a nice guitar! very beautiful!

I remember the Bob's Big Boy restaurants! I miss them! We used to have one in Lancaster, but it's been gone for almost 20 years! :(

Route 66 looks cool, I wish I had used that highway when I drove to Lake Havasu, at least it would have been a better drive than Highway 15!

grace said...

Hi Dan, how are you? Nice guitar. I would like to here about your travels, and pics too? How did your daughter do at her Art School for Music?
take care xx

Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

I love Chuck Heston. On Harry Belafonte's wikipedia page there is an amzing photo of him with Harry and Sydney Poitier from Chuck's democrat days. I adore him no matter where he falls politically.
My brother leaves for a Fullujah on Friday. I thought of you when my mom and I were looking up the USS Stennis online. He's a commander so he won't be on the ground but we are still worried.
Pointless to worry I guess, better to think good thoughts.
Have a great time at the show with your lovely family.
xSA

Dale said...

Hi Dan!

This is coming from the other half of our century...
It's not so bad here, after all!

The funniest thing...last night I had a dream we went to California, got lost and ended up on your doorstep... LOL

Take care and keep 1957 coming - I love Charlton!

:)
Dale