Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Moody Blues, 1957, and more on snow. Three in one, today.






Possibly my favorite album, here, of the Moodies: On the Threshold of a Dream.

I also greatly enjoy In Search of the Lost Chord.

My all-time favorite album is likely unknown to me, but sure do enjoy Who's Next (The Who), and Paint The Sky with Stars (Enya), among a ton of other things.

I said I'd add more on snow, so also here is...more on snow, y'know.


Now, from www.babyboomers.com on 1957:

Soviet Union inaugurates the "Space Age" by launching Sputnik I, the world's first artificial satellite. A month later Sputnik II carries a dog into orbit, making that dog the first living being to enter space.

and from www.daviddarling.info/images/Laika.jpg
comes:

Yes, that is Laika, the spacedog, also referred to as "Muttnik"


--Dan

3 comments:

Dale said...

1957 was a great year...

Poor doggie - I'm sure he/she had no say whatsoever about being stuffed into a space suit, crammed into a space module and launched several hundred miles into the heavens.

Your snow is rather fascinating, since you live in a place where a substantial snowfall is rare!

Keep your toes warm!

Natters said...

Cool, I like Threshold as well. My fave is probably Days of Future Passed.

Lucy said...

Man, I love the Moodies. I drown in their music...