Sunday, November 05, 2006

Abbey Road revisited




Abbey Road, the eight track, was found to be somewhere in a box in our kitchen that we are remodeling. I always knew I had these things rolling around, just can't throw 'em away I guess. Here it is on the table where my computer is sitting. The screen is logged to Neil Emery, by the way. All the essential tools of computing are evident here, as the round toothpicks are handy, the Marine Band Harmonica is available, as well as the trusty USB cable for the digital camera.

--Dan

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

A great album to have on eight track. I missed the eight track phenomenon completely. I understand the sound quality was quite good. However, still love my records, despite the ease and convenience of CD's now. I have a real hard time throwing away things too.

I remember listening to Abbey Road and looking at the album cover untold times growing up. I never could have imagined years down the line I would end up living on Abbey Road, and my one-time bedroom window can just barely be seen on the cover. Now I live right around the corner, a stone throw from the studio. In fact, I pass it everyday and cross that zebra crossing everyday going to work and coming home. I am certain I have crossed that zebra crossing more than all the Beatles by now!