Sunday, June 25, 2006

New Quiz: What is this all about? The answer will be posted in a couple or few days.


I think it looks very synchronized. Again, it's WW II era.
=====================

THE ANSWER IS:
...Bomb snuffers, for use with incendiary bombs!

WWII England was ravaged with bombings from the German Reich. Incendiary bombs are those bombs that promote fire and conflagration.

Hey there, all you very neat bloggers that have bothered to come here...

BOTH of these pictures deal with the same thing...incendiary bombs. That, is all there is, though terribly bad for those folks, back in the day!

--Dan L.



11 comments:

BlackVelvetLace said...

Dan,

I highly suspect that those guys might be trying to locate underground bunkers with giant metal detectors.

~Lace~

BlackVelvetLace said...

OR.. they are hairdryer cap installers.

~Lace~

BlackVelvetLace said...

OR.. the candle snuffers of the WWII era were made to put out
A-bomb fuses.

~Lace~

Metalchick said...

Dan,
I think that they are gigantic candle extinguishers, but it looks like Lace thought of that first.

ginab said...

They're testing the weight of a charge.

Hunting for ancient pennies.

They're robots, not people.

-g+bb

blue said...

Hi Dan!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I'm going to not only Hyde Park Calling but also USA gig.
Hope to see you THERE!!
I'm so happy to know OVERSEAS The Who fans like YOU on blogland.

I LOVE your pics and quiz.
Really interesting.

Take care

Tomoko xx

Dale said...

Hi Dan

I had a hard time looking at that photo of the sun as I sit here sweltering beneath our own blazing sunset.

The folks in the photos are so 40's ish... if you know what I mean. No computer chips in those days!

I think that mirrored wardrobe door target photo is truly amazing! As Koos says - selective perseption.

Now I am off to find your Gibson SG.
...like I said on my blog, Angus' "music" is more of a sound... ;)

Take care & regards to the family.
Dale

ginab said...

Fetching the newspaper.

Metalchick said...

Bomb snuffers? Did they work?

Metalchick said...

About the new quiz, it looks like she's using the device to pick up an object.

Dan L. said...

Ah! I already posted the answer! You see, they are snuffers! Odd, I know...

--Dan L.