Wednesday, May 03, 2006


My wife, Cruz, in the kitchen. She is toiling away for her family...the rest of us here. She is loading dishes into the dishwasher. You may also notice canisters next to her head. Those cans are powdered baby formula.

We have had our grandson living here since birth. It has been hard, but Cruz always says, "I love da boy".

Here is a recent picture of him, Baby Jesse, taken by his mom, our daughter, Serena. He does not usually look like this. Maybe it's his "Elvis lip thing" he is trying in the photo.

--Dan

4 comments:

ginab said...

what a cute Baby Jesse! He looks so healthy and happy. Surrounding family is important, as you know!

Glad to see a happy family in a happy home.

-g+bb

wind-up-man said...

It is a blessed life you lead. 'I could learn a lot from a life like yours...'

Dale said...

Hi Dan

I echo gina & windup!
Whenever I visit your blog I get such a sense of happy family.
I did not know that your grandson lives with you, but if I was in the same situation, any grandchild of mine would be welcome!
It must be difficult for you, though, having to go through all those years again with a little one. At this point, my kids are growing & my childbearing years are behind me.
There is nothing more important than Family!

I notice your interest in military planes. I have had an odd interest in them myself.
I love air shows, but I have not been to one in several years.
A couple of years ago the Canadian Snowbirds did a flyby through our relatively remote valley & I was very moved by it!
I felt as though I could have reached out & touched them as they roared over!
My favourite is the F16.

Dale

E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Dan,

Baby Jesse is very cute! Happy, warm family pictures here. Perhaps soon Jesse will be eager to help with the housework: my younger nephew, 1,5 years, is very excited about hoovering and emptying the dish washer. And he does the latter very well too!