Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Big Vietnam Black Wall


This is Memorial Day weekend in the USA.

Picture (from the net):

The Vietnam Memorial Wall, for those that do not, or cannot know.

Memorial Day weekend is now upon us , as we remember those that served our country, and the countries that needed them as well.

Allow me to say this: My cousin, Arthur, should be on this wall. As I understand it, he died in the US after some period of complications from a shrapnel wound to his head. God Bless his soul. He was young, I believe soon to be married, but instead left us all.

May enternal light shine upon him, and may the souls of the faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace, Amen.

--Dan L.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Very moving....I was there several times and just looking at the people touching the names of their loved ones and children now older sketching the names of their fathers they never seen....It was and still is very moving......michael :)

TheStLouieWhoie said...

I have a friend on the wall...would like to see it in person one day.

Thank you for your kind words regarding my mom. I have posted three pictures of her on my blog if you would like to see them.

Enjoy the weekend with your family, Dan.

Denise

Gary said...

I'd love to visit the memorial in person some day, I've wanted to see Washington D.C. since I came here. Very moving sentiments there Dan.

Have a peaceful Memorial Day.

Gaz