Sunday, September 06, 2009

Yes, it's true. I'm 52



With the sun at my back, taken only minutes ago, I still have the old fire in me!




But from the other side of the sun, yes, it's true...the fire is still burning!







And of course, Cruz, my wife, about a month ago (oops....I just posted this same photo recently....ah, well...yet again is fine). She see those happy images of me all the time...poor thing!


I have received a few messages congratulating me for being 52. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not (being older), but I actually have ALWAYS enjoyed getting to be another year older. Every since I was a little kid....like most kids I think, ...I wanted to "grow up"....you know, "I wanna be 10 years old someday".....that sort of thing. Well, it has never changed for me. I regret not yet another single year. I pray for more to come, but....not TOO many! Goodness, I am NOT one of those that would like to live forever.

and now, a special message to all....please turn up the volume....I think it was recorded with low volume.


--Dan

4 comments:

Vallypee said...

Thanks for the message Dan! So nice hear your voice too. Hope you have a VERY HAPPY YEAR of being 52! Lovely photos again and your sweet wife can never smile at us like that too often. Enjoy your day and every other.

grace said...

aww, that was a lovely message Dan. I will think of it on Tuesday when my b-day rolls around, and I too am happy with growing older. It is no big deal, we are as old or young as we want to feel. Like you say, the fire inside!!

Have a super year! So glad Cruz is doing good.

Dale said...

Happy 52nd Birthday, Dan!
I turned 52 in February and, like you, I don't mind the years. To be honest, I think we grow better with age.
Hope your day was Grand!

xx

Dale said...

I enjoyed the birthday greeting, too, Dan!