Sunday, November 02, 2008

What we did not know?


Way, way, back...(early 1960's?)...was that...THAT long ago? The CIA had a thing going on. It was called the A-12. It was BEFORE the now famous SR-71 Blackbird spy plane....neither of which, by the way, flies anymore. Here is a neat-o photo of the early bunch of "super" planes...before they became black! The technology was WAY advanced, and has never, even today, been even closed to being matched. Not even close!
Planes, aircraft....they are one of my passionate interests. If you need know more....look me up! Flight is beautiful. High flight is even more so. I so, so much enjoy the story of flight in the sky above!
--Dan

4 comments:

grace said...

Dan, with your passion for flying etc. have you ever jumped out of a plane, or flown one? You must love Soaring over California at Disneyland?

Dale said...

Hi Dan!
You live in the right place to feed your passion.
I still remember one of the most interesting books I ever read was by Chuck Yeager about the events leading up to his first flight that broke the sound barrier.
And yes, Top Gun is still one of my favourite movies...
Hope all is well with you and yours.

Hans said...

I still kick myself in the butt when I think about that I was visiting California in 1986 but didn't take the time to go to Edwards AFB.
Chuck Yeagers biography and The Right Stuff are my favourite reading :)
My best regards
Hans

Vallypee said...

Beautiful photo Dan. I too am awed by flight. I just wish we could do it ourselves!