Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The College Campus of today, Southern California, and Mary, mother of Jesus



One of my daughters (all four are in college, one already with a four year degree!) sent me this fine cell phone picture message today. It is well worthy of this blog! Look carefully....Bruce Lee is in good company!
This is a painting of Mary and the child Jesus. I love it to death. I don't know who painted it, but it is a famous one. I think you will find it very different, and very touchingly close to home.
--Dan

3 comments:

Metalchick said...

Hi Dan,
Thanks for your comment, you are right about it being hard to move out of a parent's house. My sister did move back in once before.

I love those flags! And that painting is very beautiful.

Vallypee said...

Wow! the Who live on! You could say they've been flagged ;-) The photo was definitely one for your blog Dan.

Once again, you offer two strikingly different images, but somehow, they are both so fitting. the painting is lovely, especially the child Jesus. I'm not surprised you like it so much.

grace said...

The Who are still young and alive!