Friday, October 19, 2007

My wife's birthday balloons and more

If anyone has maybe kind of noticed, I have tried to blog at least once a week, usually on Saturday. I have been a bit giddy this week, and Saturday's blog (as well as more that I lightly did) happens on this evening, Friday, right now.





My wife, Cruz, celebrated her umm, "number xy" birthday a couple of days ago. I decorated the remaining celebretory balloons with a hand marking pen for the little boy, our grandbaby. He is not quite two years, now. He likes elephants and all animals.

I like to make quickie cartoons, and kids like 'em too. In both of these photos, the Little Boy is liking the image of the elephant, though there was a dinosaur and a cat.

I hate balloons somehow...kids love them so immensely, quickly and happily, then they inevitably shrink or pop, only to bring tears.

We'll see.
Anyway, I made sure the Disney video "Jungle Book" was loaded for him to watch, and Rachel, one of my now very grown kids, forwarded the VCR tape to the elephant part. Joy, joy, joy!
There is a very long interesting story concerning that old Disney video tape, but I am not in more of a typing mood. Maybe later?


--Dan

9 comments:

Vallypee said...

Hi Dan, I don't come here often enough as I love your blog. it's so eclectic. It's as if we are sitting with you sorting through old stuff and your are showing us treasures that you've found. Lovely. I like the pic of the ship, and also the venus and mars sticker, and before that your PT T-shirt too.

Seems you are quite the artist as well judging by the cartoons on the baloons. Hope your wife had a very happy day, Dan.

Take care
VallyP

Dale said...

Happy Birthday, Cruz!

I love your cartoons, Dan.
They are very good.

Hope the wee one enjoyed his balloons. Even thought they eventually, pop or wither away, they are enjoyed by kids. Their attention span allows for the withering part, too.
...and it makes it easier to dispose of them.

Have a good weekend!

Dale said...

LOL

Banffbi!

BTW, if you love the mountains, Banff is the place to be.

MargieCM said...

Hi Dan, and a very happy birthday to Cruz, whatever birthday number it is!

That was a lovely idea to draw on the balloons. Simple pleaures are the best. I know what you mean though - balloons inevitably pop or shrivel, and tears always follow.

When my husband was growing up they were forbidden in his house. His mother was a teenager in Vienna when it was being bombed and during the occupation, and later went absolutely mad if she heard a sudden explosion of any sort. I didn't know this and when a balloon popped at Madeleine's first birthday party Colin's Mum was really traumatised. Not a great memory!

grace said...

Happy Birthday Cruz. No, we never give up our age!! I hope you had a great weekend.

xx grace

Gary said...

Hi Dan, Alan is my older Brother. we came to America together, but have not seen much of each other in recent years since he moved to central California. He's one of my heroes.

Anniversary was excellent, thank you very much for your kind words. Best to you and Cruz.

PDBT said...

I really like the elephant you drew, trunk up means happy I hope, celebratory...

The WWII pic on the previous post is pretty cool too!

i have to go through some of my Dad's Air Force photos and you have inspired me to do so...

I didn't know Cruz was xy already, she looks so much younger!

haha

-Lin

Cathy with a C said...

Dan

Hope you and the family are safe from the fires and able to avoid the smoke. Sounds like some areas, even though not evacuated, are very difficult to live in due to the smoke and sometimes lack of utilities.

Take care
Cathy

Dan L. said...

Thank you everybody! For all of your comments, prayers, words, fun, etc.

!!

--Dan L.