Saturday, September 15, 2007

There are places



There are places we go, things we do, people we meet...that make for defining moments in our lives. If not for this simple small patch of land in California, I would not be quite what I am in my life today. This single place is quite simply...the land of so many things that I love. It is the things of finest memories, some great sorrows, lovingly worn slowly into my being and rekindled often by scent, sight or touch in more places than one.

There is a lake, a dam (whatch your language!), many countless wildlife abounding, wonder, peace, solitude, belonging.

--Dan

4 comments:

wind-up-man said...

California Dan,Happy 5-0. You don't look a day over 48...Seriously, This birthday is a milestone and it looks like You spent it well. I have family in Apple Valley/Victorville,they frequent Big Bear often,Tell Me it's great,As always take care.Danny

E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Dan,

I liked this post a great deal; your personal, beloved landscape, how its not just a location you happen to be in but part of you.

MargieCM said...

I agree with Maria - this is a special post Dan.

Amazing lanscape - it looks almost lunar.

grace said...

lovely post Dan. There are places, started humming the Beatles tune, In My Life.