Saturday, August 12, 2006

I would like to go...



This guy is part of the show in Wrightwood, CA, August 19, 2006. I will try to go. His name is...Dick Dale. He is the King of all that is Surf Guitar. I think it's only 20 bucks, and is not too far from our house.

If you have never heard him, look up YouTube, do a search...not for bands that play like him, but HIM, Dick Dale. A black and white clip of "Pipeline" is very cool, on YouTube, but you will no doubt remember him best for "Miserlou".

--Dan

2 comments:

grace said...

Hi Dan, I have heard of Dick Dale, I am just not recalling the music sound. I think you should go - $20, not far from the house, should be lots of fun. Good news that Rachel might do Attic Jam on the West Coast. Have a good weekend. Grace

Metalchick said...

Hi Dan,
I know who Dick Dale is! I know that one of his well known songs was used for the intro of the movie Pulp Fiction. Sorry if I don't know the name of it.

He's playing at Wrightwood? I've been there, it's about an hour away from where I live! $20 is really good! You should definately go! I won't be going though, he is a good guitar player, but I'm not really into his music. You seem to really like it, so you should definately go!
I will definately try to see Rachel when she gets here.

Have a great weekend!