Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Link Wray, is another one of those special folks we call..."The Man"



Neil Young once said: "If I could go back in time and see any band, it would be Link Wray and the Raymen."

According to Wray's official website, he invented the fuzz tone by deliberately punching holes in his amplifier speakers.

In 2002, the Guitar World magazine elected Wray one of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time.

Many reports are that Pete Townshend was quite inspired by Link Wray.

Link was famous for such classics as "Rawhide".

Link has passed away, at age 76.
We will miss him.

Thank you, Link.

--Dan

4 comments:

Gary said...

Hi Dan,
not sure if you are having trouble viewing In The Attic, or just having trouble finding stuff. The Pete movie was run at the end of Episode 8, they looped it until episode 9. Not sure if he is planning on putting it up on his web site or not, would be cool if he did.

Have a Happy Turkey Day

Gary said...

Dan,
they usually just stream Who videos, but since Rachel has been doing In The Attic, and bloggers request it, they loop the most recent episode of In The Attic.

Are you Mac or PC? I know Mac users have problems, however, it's as simple as downloading Windows Media Player for Mac.

Gary said...

Your connection speed 44kbps is your problem. Watching video streams with dial up is problematic. Yesterday at work we were having network problems and best I could get was 64kbps, and that was unwatchable for me. Have you considered high speed DSL, it's not much more than dial up and well worth it if you are downloading or uploading music or video.

Dan L. said...

Gary:

In case you or anyone looks at these postings, I have been responding to your comments on YOUR blog. I thank you so much for trying to help me with my inability to connect well on the WHO TV site.

I see you are going on a journey. I wish I could go the UK to see Pete (...wherever that is you go). Safe trip, now...

--Dan