Tuesday, February 12, 2008

46 years ago she entered eternal life


My mother, 1925-1962.

It is now 46 years ago that she left this life. I am glad to believe I won't likely be waiting 46 more to see her again.

That is me, below, walking with her...she is at far left.

OK, to "Happy" this post up a bit...On a much brighter note...and bright it truly is, this is a photo of my house, Allen's house (he is my neighbor)...(with the white Prius), and the nearly 9,000 ft. peak that graces our skyline...fresh with snow from the storms of late January/early February. Click on this picture...it is cool! Ah, Southern California...we are so close to the beach, so close to the mountains, so close to the desert...AND so close to all that is Hollywood, Disney, The old west, etc...

--Dan

6 comments:

MargieCM said...

Your mother was very beautiful Dan, and I'm sure was also a wonderful woman. Your faith that you will be reunited must be a great joy. I feel my own mother's presence all the time, and feel that in some way I will always have it, but more that that I cannot say.

My goodness, that's some skyline you have there. Southern California certainly has the whole "package", doesn't it?

grace said...

Hi Dan,

lovely post about your Mom. she was beautiful, these pictures are fantastic.

ah yes, so. cal, in hub of everything.

Fleur de Bee said...

Awww how sweet! I just LOVE that photo of her in the park. So classic!

Beautiful skyline! Looks just like ours here! I must say however I was mighty happy it was not snowing during my visit there last month, however almost as cold! Burrr!

Dale said...

I don't know what to say, Dan, other than echo the others by commenting on what a beautiful woman your mother is. Whether she is in this world with us or on the other side, she is still your mother.
My folks are both still here, but I dare not think of the day...

On the bright note - little pink houses comes to mind. Albeit, yours are big and beige...

Dale said...

We have the beach and mountains, too!
Fun, isn't it?

Dan L. said...

Hey!

Such great comments...thanks to you all!

Margie:

Mothers mean so much, we do know, don't we? Yes, the photo was fun to take, about the skyline, but there were actually much better ones I missed!

Grace:

That was very kind of you to read of my mother...and your words. Yes, this is a "hub"...what is all the hubub 'bout, bub? Thank you, Grace!

Ballerina:

It is a great photo of my Mom...maybe 1949???? The skyline....I ALWAYS wear short pants here...ALWAYS....but boy it is really neat! Yes, it can get cold, but I am...a wild animal, so it works out OK!

Dale:

Dale, Dale, Dale...YOU know snow...Is it not great? Thanks about my Mom...I knew her so little.

--Dan L.