Sunday, January 27, 2008

Clearing storm

Above, viewing Northeast, I went to college at the foot of those hills about 5 million years ago...well, maybe 4.

Above, looking West towards the Pacific Ocean, about 50-ish miles away.

The endless wire, looking Southwest (in the direction of Orange County).

The locked gate to nowhere. Why the lock?


Marion, my youngest daughter, prowling for photos with her 1970's era Yashica with black and white film. She is a photography student. The car is mine. View is to North to Northeast.
Cick on them for a bigger view!
At about 9:30 this morning I scampered out about 5 minutes from my house to take these pictures. I know they are not sensational...I also had some pretty hopefully nice sunset pictures from last evening, but I somehow hit the wrong button on my computer, and...zzzzzzzzzzz...I never saw them...and now never will. Also, 427 other photos, though most of which were now, thankfully, mostly disposable and copied elsywheres (that was my word, leave it alone).
There was a ton of snow up there, so low too. This last strorm was not as frigid, so the snowline crept up a bit, thus releasing a lot of wah wah. I am planning on maybe going up to the canyons to see the big run-off from all the snow upstairs. I'll post 'em as they float in.
--Dan

3 comments:

Koos F said...

Hi Dan
So sorry about your lost photos. Yhat hurts a bit, doesn't it?

I really like your photos in this post. Don't have to be art to be interesting!
Just keep watching your daughter's photography and you can't help taking better pictures, guaranteed.

Thanks for sending me the link to the really good panorama photos. I find it a great hobby.

I saw your comment on VallyP's blog. Don't know if you know more about that French supertrain. If not just Google for Thalys, that's the name of the train.
The biggest fun is sitting in one and watching the trucks on the parallel highway race backwards at 125 mph / 200 km/h. Well, as a manner of speaking.
A nice impression of the speed you can get on Youtube

Oh and Dominique I remember well, from when it was a hit. I still know the first lines by heart. Soeur Sourire's French was very clear.

Suesjoy said...

Hi Dan!
Truly - another miracle.
I am feeling a bit homesick, so I thought, after your hysterical/awesome posts on my blog, I''ll ask Dan how is life in (usually) sunny soCal?

And LOOK! You gave me pictures of my fair state! AMAZING!!

Aw...now I am REALLY homesick!
boo hoo hoo

I'm really sorry about you losing your photos.
I thought I lost an entire folder, but then I checked the recycle bin and...wt VOILA with one click I was able to restore it!

Hope Cruz is feeling well. Is she ok?
As Lace would say, "prayers ascending" for her.

Take care!
Love,
Suexx

PS loved your blogger poem, btw
We are dwindling in numbers! So sad about US.

Oh! Have you registered at Rachel's Forum? It's fun (and I have WAY too many posts there already! oops.)

www.rachelfuller.org/community

We need you there- she's put up a few little blogs!! Check it out!

See ya there!

MargieCM said...

Hi Dan. I see you've been a busy poster while I've been away. Nice photos - I especially like the one with the gate to nowhere ...