Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ten Things

I was "asked" to do this, so here it all is...NOT in order, as # 10 should be first.

Ten things I shall never do:

1.) I shall never, ever, give up. Not on anything.

2.) I shall never walk in the woods without looking for poison oak. Lesson learned way long ago, it still pays off.

3.) I shall never be unarmed in my home. I am the protector and guardian of my family. I need an edge to carry out that mission. I am familiar with what I say. I believe in the 2nd Amendment, and it's intentions thereof.

4.) I shall never sell my Gibson. Ever.

5.) I shall never cheat on anybody, for anything. Life is short, I want to remain true always, in everything.

6.) I shall never trust the ocean. Not at sea, nor on shore. There is way, way too much going on in those things, and I am but a grain of sand.

7.) I shall never flinch. It is a waste of time. Only true reactions are required to sudden events. A wrong move, such as a twitch while a bee lands on my leg....while I am perched on a precarious rock....no time to blink, nor slap that bug...the next move is critical, and it cannot be a frivilous one. Oh, may God help me if I fail in this one! I likely am OK there, as I rarely climb the rocks anymore.

8.) I shall never give up on any other person. We all deserve another chance...or two, or three.

9.) I shall always keep my gas tank at least as full as 3/4...at least while not traveling distances. It is not hard to do, and allows for a quick get-away when emergencies call, or even when an impromptu camping trip is upon me.

10) I shall never forget Our Creator. There would be nothing without Him. I wish to go home someday. I'll be seeing you all there too, I trust.

Note: This list was not heavily thought out, so it could have had more depth. Ah, such is the way of things.

The photo is me, at Edwards AFB air show, October, 2006, in front of the NASA 747 that carries the Space Shuttle.

Oh, and a great tribute to Pete Townshend, as well as my family is here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1452574469


I was not going to put that out like that, it was only a demo, but it got "out" there anyway. Serena is my daughter. I was fooling with a demo, and misspelled stuff n all, but hey...my tribute to the Flying Boy, Baby Jesse (my grandson), with Pete Townshend's demo "FLYING BOY" song offered freely from his website in 2006 or so. Thank you Pete, It was an accident. It was Pete's son, that he wrote this song, several years ago, by the way. Jesse is adapted as the "new" flying boy.


--Dan

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Dan - that is a fantastic list. I am impressed beyond words. Personally, I always trust the Ocean - with a healthy amount of respect. It could consume all of us without concede. It is not to be fooled with. I have always found the ocean approving, powerful, and affirming. I revere the Ocean - there are few things I can always trust as much as that - other than number 10 on your list. (I know is not in order of merit) is number one for me as well. Everything else depends on it - and I am trying to focus my look forward too my friend. 1), 5), and 8) are pure gold Dan. We could throw volumes of philosophical treatise out the window now. Those points cover more ground than centuries of thinking.

Metalchick said...

Hi Dan,
I think you did a great list, I can relate to some of the things on it.
I watched the Flying Boy video earlier, meant to comment on it earlier. Great video!

grace said...

aha, I see you have been tagged too. My list is up. I like your list, especially #8 and # 10.
The picture is fab too. Will check out your video
take care , xx Grace

Dale said...

Hey Dan

I like your 10 never things.
I believe if it is written out without a lot of thought, those 10 things are truly important to you - never second-guess yourself...

I put my 10 things up a couple of posts ago, too.

Take care and keep well.

Dale